A large portion of contemporary Malware travels through your network encrypted
If you can’t monitor this traffic then you are flying blind
How Do You Detect Encrypted Malware? If you can’t answer this question — you are at risk
If your network traffic is being monitored for “Intrusions” you need to ask yourself how you are going to detect Malware that is traveling through your network in an SSL (encrypted) tunnel
A few key points to think about:
- Your Intrusion Detection System (IDS) is going blind
- If you want to maintain the effectiveness and efficiency of your Intrusion Detection, you need to address this serious upcoming issue
- As of December 2015, free valid SSL Certificates have been readily available
- It used to be that a sketchy SSL Certificate would raise a red flag for greater scrutiny
- Even if you couldn’t see the content of the encrypted traffic you knew to look more carefully
- This will no longer be the case when the “bad guys” have easy access to free legitimate SSL Certificates
- Even before the free legitimate SSL Certificates became available:
- Malware is increasingly being hidden from your IDS through encryption
- It’s only going to get worse
- If you don’t have a way to examine this traffic you leave yourself vulnerable
What do you do about this?
Our Network Security Monitoring, combined with us Managing our provided Firewalls, will give you the ability to negate this very dangerous situation.
The Ra Security Difference
Ra Security offers some of the most highly-recognized talent in the industry, with multiple certifications including CISSP, CISA, GCIA, GCFW and Security+
Our field engineers help design, deploy and assess environments for clients in banking, finance, insurance, education, law enforcement, government, and more.
Security incidents can happen anywhere at any time. Ra Security Systems provides assistance both on-site and remotely to assist you in handling your incident end to end. From acquisition and analysis through mitigation and expert testimony Ra Security will be with you every step of the way